9/08/2014

LCM Technology Team is Challenged

On Saturday, September 7, 2014  I took the ALS challenge after being nominated by a Kindergarten teacher (Joanne Hill) in Bridge City. My daughter, Aimee Bates, had the honor of pouring the ice cold water on me with granddaughter, Emma Loren supporting the "take it slow...very slow" plan.

Here is where you can go to read more about the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I challenged my LCM Technology team at work and thought I would post the rules of the Ice Bucket Challenge:
Taking the Challenge
  • When doing the challenge, please use the hashtags #icebucketchallenge, #alsicebucketchallenge, and #strikeoutals.
  • The Ice Bucket Challenge may not be suitable for small children, the elderly, anyone in poor health or animals of any kind, so please use good judgment.
  • Please be thoughtful about water usage. If you’re in an area of the country or world affected by drought, please consider making a donation instead, or repurpose the water for later use
ALS is near and dear to my family. We lost my mother-in-law (Eloise Hale) in 1997 to ALS and also a neighbor (Richard Powell). Most recently, a dear friend, Debbie Bean lost her mother. This disease is now given the attention and awareness that it needs to find a cure. Please go to the ALS Society and watch some of the stories and testimonies of what it is to live with this disease. It will break your heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.